WORKING WITH BOSS
Helping businesses do business better – that’s what BOSS is here for. We are Trinidad and Tobago’s leading wholesale and corporate office supply company, thanks to our stellar customer service, quality and scope of our range. We constantly strive to be the regions’ most trusted supplier, offering timely and effective solutions for their diverse business needs.
Because we do so much – accessories, furniture, stationery, promotional products, technology – there are many areas in which you can find your career niche. There is always room for flexibility and growth, and to help you reach your career goals, we offer formal training as well as invaluable on-the-job mentorship with more experienced colleagues. This learning by doing approach will put your knowledge to work in practical ways, so that as your skill set develops, so can your responsibilities.
At BOSS, it’s all about empowerment. Naturally, we seek out team players who operate within our value system – people of integrity who understand the ripple effect of good customer service, enjoy what they do and take pride in their work. We encourage our employees to take ownership of their roles – so if you want to work at BOSS, bring your ideas, ambition and energy and commit to doing the best job you can – because we’ll notice. And you’ll go places.
E-mail open applications and an up-to-date résumé to: email@example.com
Current job vacancies are as follows:
HEAD INSTALLER - FURNITURE
Head Installer - Furniture
This dynamic position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Furniture Installation Team to ensure all delivery and installation commitments are met.
The job also includes building furniture, coaching, training and motivating employees in order to ensure excellent customer service.
Installations are to be completed in the most efficient, cost effective, clean and professional manner. The incumbent works closely with all Warehouse Leaders and Account Managers.
Sales Manager - Furniture
- Warehouse Attendants - Furniture
- Driver - Furniture/Installer
- Enhance work experience for your team by creating a motivating, positive work environment where team members feel that they can communicate openly and that they are part of a productive Team by:
- Instilling core values with team members
- Ensuring all direct reports feel supported and able to communicate successes, concerns and challenges
- Understanding and finding solutions to challenges
- Plan and conduct regular Meetings to:
- Share successes, best practices and solutions to overcoming problems
- Discuss techniques to enhance overall performance
- Develop developmental Action Plans for all direct reports to assist with closing competency gaps
- Conduct appraisals for all direct reports
- In collaboration with HR, deal with any necessary disciplinary issues and update the employee log as necessary
- Responsible for the successful installation of all furniture products, as well as technology products such as projectors, white boards, etc.
- Supervise and support the Furniture Team during the assembly, delivery and installation of all furniture products, as well as technology products
- Manage the assembly, loading and unloading of all furniture products for timely delivery
- Ensure the Furniture work and storage area is organized and cleaned; with minimal waste on site
- Oversight of waste must be cleaned systematically during and after installation
- Responsible for all tools required for jobs ensuring that they are handled with care and stored correctly
INSTALLATION: METAL CABINETS
- These come flat packed. As such they will have to be identified in the Warehouse, taken off the racks and assembled
- Once assembly is completed, the items will be packaged for delivery
- All debris used for the packages, must be removed after the installation
- All keys need to be taped to the outside of the packaging
- The desks are all flat packed
- Products must be removed from the shelving, packed into the truck/van for delivery.
- Product will then be unpacked and assembled
- Once completed, all debris from the furniture must be removed
- Chairs will be assembled at Warehouse and then packed into truck for delivery
- All chairs must go out covered and with warranty card
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the customer expectations when installing all furniture items
- Responsible for the customer experience of all customers, ensuring that all complaints are handled in the most appropriate manner to ensure customer retention and escalate when necessary
- Communicate effectively with customers, Account Managers and other departments concerning customers' requirements
- Develop relationships and learn customers’ specific needs
- Be aware of all new and existing stock items that come in to be able to offer them knowledgeably to customers
- Conduct Furniture stock take on a monthly basis
- Ensure Repair/ Incident Reports are completed and signed off
- Accurately prepare invoices and delivery notes from pick tickets and handbills
- Determine what special instructions are to remain on the invoice
- Ensure goods are properly packaged and labeled correctly for shipping (both export and local)
- Assist with Warehouse duties during downtime in Furniture
- Perform general floor maintenance and housekeeping
- Assist with stock taking
HEALTH & SAFETY
- At all times pay special attention to and promote workplace safety
- Ensure physical environment is kept clean
It may be necessary, due to exigencies that may arise, to perform duties other than those normally falling within your ambit.
- Minimum 2 years experience with building Office Furniture systems
- Ability to read floor plans and layouts
- 2-3 years leading a team
- 5 CXC passes including Math & English
- Computer literate
- Diploma in Supervisory Management would be an asset
- Drivers license would be an asset
- Forklift training would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Be highly skilled at handling many issues and functions at the same time
- Be able to prioritize many items in a realistic sequence
- Ability to influence others and manage change
- Ability to self-manage, work independently and meet deadlines
- Working in a Warehouse and office environment
- Various customer locations across the country
- The incumbent will be required to lift furniture items and assist with off loading containers
- Please note that sometimes delivery constitutes carrying heavy products up staircases
Applications should be submitted to:
Manager - Furniture Department
804 Fernandes Business Centre, Laventille.